Using the POSTMAN tool to consume the TimeLog reporting APIs
This page will guide you through the steps to import and consume the reporting APIs using POSTMAN.
1. Construct the URL of the WSDL (Web Services Description Language) file for your reporting API https://app[x].timelog.com/[account name]/service.asmx?WSDL.
2. Open Postman and select Import button in upper left.
3. In the Import modal window, navigate to Link tab and enter the URL of the WSDL file. Click on the Continue button to proceed to next screen.
4. Click on Import button to import the reporting API into Postman
5. Once the API is imported, you will see a collection in the left-had side navigation menu. Expand the collection to see the available API operations.
6. Click on one API operation from the collection, this will open a new tab where you can enter the required parameters for the API.
7. Enter the required parameters for the reporting API in the body tab of the request. Click the Send button to send the request. The response from the API will be displayed in the response tab.
8. Review the response to ensure that the API operation is executed successfully and repeat these steps for any additional reporting APIs you want to test.
The SiteCode, ApiID, and ApiPassword parameters are required in every request and you can extract these values from your TLP Portal under System Administration > Integrations and API > Reporting API settings.